Save the Date: July 13
The Linden Avenue North Complete Street Project is about to be complete, and we’re celebrating! Mark your calendars to join Mayor Mike McGinn, City leaders, community advocates, neighborhood families, area businesses, regional supporters and more on Saturday, July 13, from 10 a.m. to noon, on Linden in front of the Bitter Lake Community Center at 13035 Linden Avenue North.
- The Complete Street redevelopment of Linden, between North 128th and North 145th streets, balanced a multitude of needs with:The City’s first urban cycle track, completing a missing link of the Interurban Trail
- A re-designed roadway that calms traffic and organizes parking
- A new crosswalk and flashing beacon with infrared detection
- All LED lighting – the first SDOT residential corridor project to do this
- Bio-retention swales implementing green stormwater codes to the maximum extent
- New sidewalks, pedestrian railings, landscaping, increased street lighting and more!
To make way for the celebration in the street, Linden Avenue North around the Bitter Lake Community Center will be temporarily closed off, reopening after the festivities wrap up. Expect family fun and neighborhood cheer…plus the first 200 people will receive a raffle ticket for area gift certificates!
The event also features entertainment, music and a large art installation – going in the first week of July – harkening back to Bitter Lake Playland days. Questions? Contact LeAnne Nelson, Project Communications Lead, at LeAnne.Nelson@seattle.gov or (206)-684-3897.