Ballard Siphon Replacement Project
King County Wastewater Treatment Division
May 20, 2013
Beginning Tuesday, May 21, crews will remove the shoring installed for the afterbay structure construction on the south side of West Commodore Way.
Crews expect to remove the majority of the shoring by Friday, May 24. Additional work to remove shoring may be required the week of May 27. Crews will not be working Memorial Day weekend (May 25-27).
Tunneling activities continue 24 hours a day, Monday through Saturday from the south shaft toward the north shaft in Ballard. Crews may work some Sundays.
King County urges drivers and bicyclists to continue to use caution near the site.
What to expect at the south site:
- Noise and vibration beginning May 21; possible vibration the week of May 27 (no work May 25-27)
- Afterbay structure construction weekdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tunneling activity on the project site involving equipment and trucks 24 hours a day, Monday through Saturday and some Sundays.
- Increased truck traffic around West Commodore Way
- Additional nighttime noise and lighting
24-hour project hotline/Para más información*: 206-296-3848
*Seleccione su idioma para solicitor hablar con un intéprete, este servicio es gratuito.
For more information on the Ballard Siphon Replacement Project, visit the project website at: www.kingcounty.gov/environment/wtd/Construction/Seattle/BallardSiphon