Starting Tuesday of next week (August 14), Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) crews will seal cracks in arterial asphalt streets at 13 locations (listed below). This process will reduce the amount of water that seeps under the pavement during the year causing potholes and other roadway damage.
The crews plan to start in the northern part of the city and work towards the south, although the schedule and order may change depending on the weather and other unforeseen factors.
No street closures will be required, but there will be lane closures of up to four hours and on-street parking will be restricted. “No-parking” signs will be posted 48 hours in advance. SDOT crews will work to minimize any delays and will provide assistance as needed. Traffic flaggers will be present during maintenance work. Sidewalks will remain open at all times.
The crack-filling work will be done at the following locations:
- NW 65th Street, between 3rd Avenue NW and 15 Avenue NW
- Latona Avenue NE, between NE 45th Street and NE 50th Street
- Thackeray Place NE, between NE 45th Street and NE 50th Street
- Roosevelt Way NE, between NE 55th Street and NE 45th Street
- 11th Avenue NE, between Eastlake Avenue NE and NE 45th Street
- 11th Avenue NE, between NE 55th Street and Ravenna Boulevard NE
- N 40th Street, between Wallingford Avenue N and Latona Avenue NE
- W McGraw Street, between 3rd Avenue W and 6th Avenue W
- 32nd Avenue E, between E Denny Way and Lake Washington Boulevard
- S Genesee Street, between 50th Avenue S and Rainier Avenue S
- Renton Avenue S, between S Henderson Street and S Kenyon Street
- SW Barton Street, between California Avenue SW and 35th Avenue SW
- Alki Avenue SW, between 63rd Avenue SW and 59th Avenue SW
For more information: Susan Almachar, (206) 684-5303 or Raffaela Oeler, (206) 999-7064
Media contact: Marybeth Turner, (206) 684-8548