Beginning at 10 p.m., Friday, August 10, SDOT will close the southbound I-5 off-ramp at N 85th Street for 17 days and nights (24-hours continuous) as part of the N/NW 85th Street Paving Project. This ramp closure will occur simultaneously with other N 85th Street lane and on-ramp closures that began on August 3.
To complete the final two phases of the project and take advantage of drier weather, multiple lane and I-5 ramp closures on N 85th Street are required. Drivers should continue to follow signed detour routes. SDOT warns drivers to plan ahead, expect delays, use alternate routes to I-5 and SR 99 and ride the bus, bike or walk when possible.
Closure dates and alternate routes are described below. Dates are subject to change.
I-5 on-ramp at N 85th Street:
- Closed 8/3 – 8/31
- Access to I-5 provided via eastbound N 80th Street or via northbound Greenwood Avenue N to N 105th Street.
Southbound I-5 off-ramp at N 85th Street:
- Closed 8/10 – 8/27
- Access from southbound I-5 provided via the NE 80th Street exit.
- Drivers should access westbound N 85th Street from the Banner Way NE overpass (except during the weekend of 8/24 – 8/27, see below).
Northbound I-5 off-ramp and Banner Way NE overpass to N 85th Street:
- Closed 8/24 – 8/27 (weather dependent)
- N 85th Street from I-5 to Wallingford Avenue N will be closed, except for local access.
- Use alternate I-5 exits, such as N 105th Street and N 50th Street, during these closures.
Eastbound N 85th Street (Aurora Avenue N and I-5):
- Aurora Avenue N to I-5, Closed 8/3-8/31
- Aurora Avenue N to Wallingford Avenue N, Closed 8/3- End of October
- Detours to N 80th Street via Greenwood Avenue N
Metro bus routes will be affected by this work. Look for Rider Alert notices at the bus stops, see reroute information later this week on Metro Online www.kingcounty.gov/metro or call (206) 553-3000.
The entire project is scheduled to be complete by the end of October. This project is funded by the 2006 Bridging the Gap levy passed by voters, and makes much-needed repairs to the two-mile stretch of N/NW 85th Street between 15th Avenue NW and I-5, and Greenwood Avenue N.
To sign up for regular construction email updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: 24-hour project line at 206-496-9993, visit http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_85th.htm or email email@example.com.
Media contact: Marybeth Turner, 206-684-8548