Improvements are coming to Fairview Avenue East between Fairview Avenue North and East Blaine Street. Fairview Avenue E. is located between eastern shore of Lake Union and Fairview Avenue N.
Starting Monday, July 16, construction will begin on the project which will include a new sidewalk and other improvements. In order to realign the intersection, Fairview Ave E. will be closed at Fairview Ave N. from July 23 to August 3 (the schedule may shift) and vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians will be detoured off the loop and around the working area during construction. Fairview Ave N. will remain open and Fairview Ave E. will be accessible from E. Garfield Street and E. Blaine Street. A signed detour route will be in place during this closure.
At the intersection, the following improvements will be made:
- Squaring up the intersection to reduce the crossing distance for pedestrians crossing Fairview Ave E.
- Building sidewalks on either side of the intersection
- Reducing the southbound lane width of Fairview Ave N.
- Adding on-street parking to Fairview Ave N. in the project area
- Adding bicycle facilities along Fairview Ave N.
Fairview Avenue East is part of the Cheshiahud Lake Union Loop which connects the parks, street ends and waterways that ring the lake, and provides safe and attractive access to the lake.
For more project information: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/btg_nsf_large_fairview.htm
For more information about Cheshiahud Lake Union Loop: http://seattle.gov/parks/lakeunionloop
Media contact: Marybeth Turner, (206) 684-8548