The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) advises travelers of upcoming single lane closures on Mercer Street between 8th Avenue N and Fairview Avenue N beginning June 25 and continuing through mid-July.
These short-term closures are necessary to complete installation of new signal and street lighting infrastructure on Mercer Street in preparation for opening two-way Mercer Street in late summer or early fall. Closures will occur intermittently on weekdays during non-peak traffic hours, between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Additionally, the 24-hour lane restrictions on southbound Fairview Avenue N between Aloha and Valley streets will continue through the weekend of June 23-24. Travelers can expect:
- One southbound lane of Fairview Avenue N restricted 24 hours a day between Aloha Street and Valley Street
- One southbound lane of Fairview Avenue N remaining open at all times
- Access maintained to businesses located in Chandler’s Cove
Nighttime lane restrictions on Fairview Avenue N will begin June 25 and will continue for approximately three weeks. Travelers can expect:
- Closure of one northbound turn lane from the Mercer Street off-ramps onto Fairview Avenue N
- North and southbound Fairview Avenue N traffic routed around the closure
- Night work between 7:30 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. on weekdays, and 24 hours a day on weekends, excluding the weekend of June 30 – July 1.