The Fauntleroy Expressway (at the west end of the West Seattle Bridge) willbe closed tonight, February 21, as previously announced. The schedule for the rest of the week will depend on work progress. The contractor expects this will be the final week of nighttime closures. The same detours as last week will be in effect tonight:
- Westbound motorists traveling to West Seattle via the West Seattle Bridge will be directed to use the Delridge Way SW off-ramp.
- Eastbound motorists on Fauntleroy Way SW will be detoured at 35th Avenue SW and will be directed to the West Seattle Bridge via SW Genesee Street and Delridge Way SW.
For more information on the Fauntleroy Expressway and a map of the detour, visit SDOT’s project Web site, http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/bridge_rehab_fauntleroy.htm .
Closures on the Spokane Street Viaduct (At the east end of the West Seattle Bridge) this week will remain the same as last week: the eastbound travel lanes will be reduced to one lane between the SR 99 off-ramp and Fourth Avenue S each night from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. The First Avenue off-ramp will be closed, but the Fourth Avenue S off-ramp will remain open. Access to I-5 will be maintained.
Traffic changes on surface streets under the Spokane Street Viaduct will also be in effect from 9 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the next morning:
- First Avenue S at the intersection with S Spokane Street will be closed with northbound traffic detoured at S Spokane Street to Fourth Avenue S. Southbound traffic will be detoured at S Hanford Street.
- Eastbound, lower Spokane Street will be closed between East Marginal Way S and First Ave S.
- The eastbound on-ramp from Harbor Island to the Spokane Street Viaduct will be closed and traffic will be detoured via lower S Spokane Street/East Marginal Way S.
For more information on the Spokane Street Viaduct project, visit SDOT’s project web site, http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/spokanestreet.htm .