Over the next two weekends, the intersection of 8th Ave NW and NW 85th St will be closed to traffic so the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) can rebuild the intersection. The intersection will be closed in all directions and detour routes will be clearly posted.
- Work dates (weather dependent):
- Friday, February 3 to Monday, February 6
- Friday, February 10 to Monday, February 13
- Work hours:
- 6 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (24-hour continuous work)
- Noisy work activities will be limited between the hours of 10 p.m. and 9 a.m.
- Follow signed detour routes; avoid cutting through neighborhood streets
- Eastbound detours will remain in place on NW 85th St between 15th Ave NW and 8th Ave NW
- Some Metro bus routes will be affected by this work—look for Rider Alert notices at the bus stops, see reroute information later this week on Metro Online www.kingcounty.gov/metro, or call (206) 553-3000.
To follow the project’s progress, sign up for regular construction email updates by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact the 24-hour project line at (206) 496-9993, email email@example.com, or visit http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_85th.htm.