The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) and its contractor are making improvements on Airport Way South from Royal Brougham Way South to South Dearborn Street.
Weather permitting, on the weekend of December 3rd, the contractor will rebuild a segment of street where Airport Way South intersects with South Dearborn Street and Fifth Avenue South. This work will start at 7 p.m. Friday and is planned to be completed by 4 p.m. Sunday.
Below are the planned traffic restrictions and detours:
Airport Way South
• Northbound lanes will be closed between South Royal Brougham Way and Fifth Avenue South from 7 p.m. Friday until 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Southbound lanes will be closed between Sixth Avenue South and Fourth Avenue South from 7 a.m. Saturday until 11 a.m. Sunday. Access to the I-90 on-ramp will be maintained from Fourth Avenue South.
Northbound vehicles will be detoured around the work zone using South Royal Brougham Way to Fourth Avenue South. Southbound vehicles will be detoured at Fourth Avenue South to South Royal Brougham Way and back to Airport Way South.
South Dearborn Street
• South Dearborn Street between Fifth and Sixth avenues will be closed in both directions from 7 p.m. Friday to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Motorist wanting to head eastbound on South Dearborn Street will be directed to use Fourth Ave South to either South Royal Brougham Way to Seventh Ave South and back to South Dearborn Street or South Jackson Street to Maynard Avenue South and back to South Dearborn Street.
Fifth Avenue South
• Southbound vehicles will be required to turn right (westbound) on Airport Way S.
Sixth Avenue South
• Sixth Avenue South will be closed to general purpose traffic from Airport Way South to South Dearborn Street from 7 a.m. Saturday to 11 a.m. Sunday. Local access will be permitted between South Royal Brougham and South Dearborn Street.
During this time access to the I-90 Dearborn ramp will be maintained. Detour routes will be clearly posted. Police officers will be on site to keep traffic moving. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
For more information: Leanne Nelson, (206) 684-3897
Media contact: Marybeth Turner, (206) 684-8548