Weekend and night work is scheduled for the Mercer Corridor Project area beginning Sunday, November 14, and continuing through the following week and a half. This update describes the activities and traffic revisions in the area.
ConocoPhillips monitoring and sampling
ConocoPhillips’s contractor will access groundwater monitoring wells resulting in the following traffic revisions:
• Mercer Street lane closures on Sunday, Nov 14
Daytime closures of up to two lanes of Mercer Street between Ninth Avenue N and Terry Avenue N until 3 p.m.
• Additional lane closures on Monday, Nov 15
Temporary, intermittent daytime closures of one lane of Valley Street, Westlake Avenue N and Terry Avenue N for one or two blocks
Mercer Corridor Project night work
Night work is scheduled to begin as early as Monday, Nov 15 and through Tuesday, Nov 23 to accommodate the installation of a sewer bypass and dewatering system needed for the Ninth Avenue N sewer replacement and associated roadway work. Work hours will typically be between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
• Mercer Street: Nighttime closures of two to three lanes of Mercer Street between Dexter Avenue N and Westlake Avenue N.
• Westlake Avenue N: Nighttime restrictions of Westlake Avenue N to one lane in each direction in areas between Aloha Street and Mercer Street.
• Valley Street: Nighttime restrictions of Valley Avenue N to one lane in each direction between Terry Avenue N and Westlake Avenue N.
• Broad Street: Nighttime restrictions of westbound Broad Street to single lane near Ninth Avenue N.
• Terry Avenue N: Nighttime closures of Terry Avenue N between Mercer Street and Valley Street.
For more information: www.seattle.gov/Transportation/ppmp_mercer.htm
24-hour Construction Hotline: (206) 419-5818
Media contact: Richard Sheridan, (206) 684-8540 or Marybeth Turner, (206) 684-8548