Note: This work is canceled due to an unfavorable weather forecast.
This weekend, weather permitting, a contractor working for the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) will rebuild a segment of street where Airport Way South intersects with South Dearborn Street and Fifth Avenue South. To complete the work, northbound lanes of Airport Way must be closed Friday night between Sixth Avenue South and South Dearborn Street, and both north and southbound lanes closed on both Saturday and Sunday from Fourth Avenue South to Sixth Avenue South. Also, Dearborn will be closed to eastbound traffic at Fifth beginning Friday night. Below are the planned traffic restrictions and detours.
Airport Way South
• Northbound lanes closed between Sixth Avenue South and South Dearborn Street 7 p.m. Friday until 7 p.m. Sunday
• Southbound lanes closed between Sixth Avenue South and Fourth Avenue South 7 a.m. Saturday until 7 p.m. Sunday
• Northbound vehicles will be detoured around the work zone on Sixth Avenue South to South Dearborn Street and back to Airport Way South. Southbound vehicles will be detoured at Fourth Avenue South to South Royal Brougham Way and back to Airport Way South.
South Dearborn Street
• Eastbound lanes closed between Fifth Avenue South and Sixth Avenue South 7 p.m. Friday to 7 p.m. Sunday
• One westbound lane will be maintained at all times
Fifth Avenue South
• Southbound vehicles must head west on Airport Way S or enter I-90 on-ramp
• Minimum of one north and one southbound lane will be maintained
During this time access to I-90 on-ramp will be maintained. Detour routes will be clearly posted. Police officers will be on site to keep traffic moving. Pedestrian access will be maintained. See attached map for illustration of detour routes.
For more information: Leanne Nelson, (206) 684-3897, firstname.lastname@example.org
Media contact: Marybeth Turner, (206) 684-8548, email@example.com