Stewart Street, between Eastlake Avenue E and Westlake Avenue, will be reduced to two lanes of traffic from 6 p.m. Monday night, August 31 until 6 a.m. Tuesday, September 1. The contractor will repair the roadway base at the intersection of Eastlake Avenue E and John Street. In addition:
• John Street, between Eastlake Avenue E and Yale Avenue, will be closed while this work takes place and the I-5 Southbound Stewart Street exit will be reduced to one lane.
• Eastlake Avenue N will be reduced to one lane northbound and southbound at Stewart Street.
On Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, September 1 and 2, Stewart Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. each day, between Denny Way and Westlake Avenue. SDOT’s contractor will repave the south side of the road in asphalt. The north side of the road has already been rebuilt with new concrete pavement. Police Officers and traffic flaggers will assist traffic. In addition:
• The I-5 Stewart Street southbound off-ramp will be closed from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, September 1 and Wednesday, September 2.
• Stewart Street will be closed between Eastlake Avenue E and Denny Way.
• Southbound and northbound Eastlake Ave E traffic will be detoured at Fairview Avenue and Yale Avenue, respectively.
• Cross streets along Stewart Street between Denny Way and Westlake Avenue will be closed periodically throughout the evenings the work is taking place.
For information: George Frost, (206) 615-0786
Media contact: Marybeth Turner (206) 684-8548