Marion Street will be closed between First to Second avenues on Saturday, August 15 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for work on underground utilities prior to street paving.
SDOT’s contractor will restrict Marion from Third to Fifth avenues to one lane from 7:15 p.m. to early the next day from Monday through Friday, August 17 to 21 to remove existing pavement. They will pour new panels on Saturday, August 22, from 4:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Marion Street will have two lanes open during weekday, peak traffic periods.
Work Schedule for Next Three Weeks:
• The contractor will be primarily working at night between Third and Fifth avenues.
• The contractor will perform drainage and base repair work during daytime hours (Western Avenue to Sixth Avenue).
• Construction crews will also work on sidewalks, alley entrances and curb ramps.
• Two lanes will be open to traffic during peak periods
• One lane will be open to traffic during non-peak hours
• No parking will be permitted in the areas where construction crews are working
For information: George Frost, (206) 615-0786 or see http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/marion_pave.htm
Media contact: Marybeth Turner, (206) 684-8548