On Thursday evening, July 9, from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning, Friday, a private contractor working for the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) will reduce Second Avenue to one lane of traffic between Lenora Street and Stewart Street. Virginia Street will also be reduced to one lane of traffic from First Avenue to Third Avenue.
These traffic restrictions will allow the contractor to perform concrete demolition and removal work at the intersection of Second Avenue and Virginia Street when traffic volumes are at their lightest.
The following steps will be taken to minimize impacts to surrounding businesses and residents:
– Back-up alarms on vehicles will be silenced through the use of broadband back-up alarms.
– Some work will not take place after 10 p.m.
– Sweeping will be carried out to reduce dust.
– Noise reduction will be emphasized at crew meetings prior to nighttime work.-
– Uniformed police officers and flaggers will be on site to offer assistance and keep vehicles moving.
The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is making improvements to Second Avenue, between Denny Way and Jackson Street, as part an overall effort to improve Downtown arterials.
For more information, please see: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/2009_2010.pave.htm