SDOT’s contractor plans to begin preliminary site work on May 20, and to begin construction on Tuesday, May 26, following the Memorial Day Holiday.
The Wedgwood Community Council requested the work through the Neighborhood Street Fund, a program funded by Bridging the Gap which was approved by Seattle voters. The project will include:
• Enlarging the existing sidewalk to the city’s standard six-foot width
• Installing curbs, and planting additional trees
• Restoring on-street parking
• Installing a bus load/unload zone on the eastern end of NE 77th Street
• Installing curb ramps where necessary
In addition, SDOT is working with Seattle Public Utilities to install a natural drainage system next to the eastern half of the sidewalk project. This green infrastructure will take water that would traditionally go into pipes and allow it to permeate into the planting strip to support plants and trees.
For more information, please contact Therese Casper, (206) 684-8764.
Media contact: Marybeth Turner, (206) 684-8548