The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) advises travelers Roosevelt Way NE will be reduced to a single lane between NE 53rd and NE 55th Street from December 5 -19 to install a catch basin on the east side of the street and eliminate water ponding.
During this time, crews will be removing sections of pavement along with adjacent portions of driveway and sidewalk. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
From 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays from Tuesday, December 5 thru Tuesday, December 19 travelers can expect the following:
- Roosevelt Way NE will be reduced to a single lane thru the work zone between NE 53rd and NE 55th Streets
- Between weekday hours of 9 am – 4 pm cyclists will merge into the single open travel lane. During all other hours, cyclists will continue to use the protected bike lane.
- Local access will be maintained
- On-street parking will be prohibited in the work zone
- Vehicles travelling on Roosevelt Way NE may experience delays near the work zone
- Pedestrians will be detoured to the west side of Roosevelt Way NE
- Business access will be maintained on the east side of Roosevelt Way NE adjacent to the work zone
For more information on this work contact Paul Elliot at Paul.Elliot@seattle.gov
SDOT would like to thank the public for their patience while this work is completed.