SDOT advises travelers that crews will close S Washington St between 3rd and 4th avenues S from Tuesday, July 26 through Friday, July 29, for excavating and paving work. This work is weather dependent.
From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 26 through Friday, July 29, travelers can expect the following:
- S Washington St will be closed to through traffic between 3rd Ave S and 4th Ave S.
- There will be no parking in the work area – signs will be in place 72 hours in advance.
- A signed detour will be in place.
- Flaggers and police officers will assist with traffic flow and driveway access.
- One lane will be open only for emergency vehicles.
This project is part of SDOT’s 2016 Arterial Major Maintenance (AMM) program. The AMM program maintains our busiest streets by making strategic small scale investments at key locations on city streets.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.