SDOT is advising travelers that there will be overnight closures of the Fauntleroy Expressway (West Seattle Freeway) beginning on May 1 for up to three weeks for street light maintenance.
From 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly, beginning on Monday, May 1 through May 4, travelers can expect the following:
- The Expressway will be closed to westbound traffic, west of Delridge Way.
- The Expressway will close at 9 p.m. and reopen at 5 a.m. the next morning.
- If any Mariners baseball home games reach an expected attendance of 20,000 or more during this time, the Expressway closure will be delayed until 11 p.m.
- Westbound traffic will exit the Expressway at the Delridge Way off-ramp and will follow the marked detour.
- On some evenings, a single traffic lane may close at 8 p.m. for preliminary work in advance of street light maintenance.
- This work may be extended into the week of May 7 – 14, if necessary, until the work is completed.
When work in the westbound lanes is completed, maintenance for eastbound lanes will begin at the Expressway entrance at Fauntleroy Way SW and continue to the Delridge Way on-ramp. These closures will begin at 9 p.m. and will reopen to traffic by 5 a.m. the next morning.
SDOT appreciates the public’s patience while this work is completed.