Crews working for the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) will repave the roadway and make related improvements on Meridian Ave N, between N 103rd St and N 112th St. Construction is expected to last approximately 3 to 4 months. The new surface will extend the life of the roadway by 10 to 12 years.
What to expect during construction:
- Two-way traffic will be maintained, with cars directed around the work zone. Please follow the posted signs.
- King County Metro bus routes will continue to operate on Meridian Ave N with temporary stop closures depending on the work zone. Metro will post closure notices at bus stops.
- Street parking on both sides of Meridian Ave N will be removed during construction. Parking on the west side will be restored after the project is complete. Parking on the east side of Meridian Ave N will be permanently removed.
- Pedestrian detours around work zones.
- Noise, dust, and vibration will occur regularly.
- Work hours: weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and on occasional weekends, to minimize impacts on business’ driveways and traffic.
The project will:
- Repave Meridian Ave N between N 103rd St and N 112th St.
- Add buffer lanes, intersection detection, and other improvements to protect those biking on both sides of Meridian Ave N between N 103rd St and N Northgate Way. The new buffered bike lanes will connect with existing bikes lanes on College Way N and the planned pedestrian/bicycle bridge across I-5 to the future Northgate Link light rail station.
- Upgrade traffic signal technology.
- Install new curb ramps where needed to meet current accessibility standards.
- Construct new concrete landing pads at bus stops to provide a safer and more accessible exit from the rear of the bus.
- Build a new stormwater detention system to prevent overflows into Thornton Creek and improve habitat.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at: 2016MeridianPaving@seattle.gov or (206) 727-3669.