The intersection of S Dakota St and 38th Ave S is closed now through Friday night for emergency panel work. This emergency work is essential to the efficient and safe completion of the Neighborhood Street Fund Hawthorne Project, in the Mt. Baker neighborhood.
When complete, this project will help enhance safety for people walking, biking, and driving at the intersection.
What you can expect:
Wednesday, November 14 – Friday, November 16 | 24/7 closure potentially through 8 PM Friday
- S Dakota St and 38th Ave S intersection closed, 24/7.
- No through traffic allowed; local access only.
- Temporary closure until 8 PM on Friday, as needed.
- N on 38th Ave S: traffic detoured to Rainier Ave S via S Genesee St.
- S on 38th Ave S: traffic detoured to Rainier Ave S via S Andover St.
- People biking: use nearby Neighborhood Greenway, along 37th Ave S.
- A pedestrian path will be maintained through the intersection.
If you have questions, please contact the project outreach team at NSFHawthorneElementary@seattle.gov or 206-733-9361.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
This project is part of the Neighborhood Street Fund Program. For over a decade, first as part of Bridging the Gap and now the Levy to Move Seattle, the Neighborhood Street Fund (NSF) has enabled SDOT, the Mayor and City Council to partner with the community to identify, prioritize, fund and build transportation improvements in Seattle’s neighborhoods and business districts.