Work on the Columbia Street 2-Way Corridor Project continues.
We’re advising travelers that Columbia Street will be reduced to one travel lane between 2nd and 3rd Avenues on Wed, March 28, between 9 AM and 3 PM.
This work is in partnership with King County Metro in preparation to convert Columbia Street from a 1-way street to a 2-way transit pathway. The work includes complete street reconstruction to accommodate buses, new signal poles, and curb line changes.
NOTE: This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
What you can expect.
From 9 AM to 3 PM on March 28 travelers can expect:
- Columbia Street will be reduced to one travel lane between 1st and 2nd Avenues.
- Westbound Columbia Street traffic will be rerouted between 2nd and 3rd Avenues.
- Signed detours will be in place.
- One traffic lane will be maintained around the work zone.
- Local access will be maintained.
- Temporary pedestrian detours between 1st and 2nd Avenues.
- There will be No Parking or Loading Zones in the work zone during construction.
- Vehicles traveling on Columbia Street may experience delays near the work zone.
- Construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor.
For more information on this project, please visit Columbia Street 2-Way Transit Corridor Project website.
Thank you for your patience while this work is completed.