The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) advises travelers 3rd Avenue will be reduced to a single, northbound lane between Lenora and Battery streets from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Friday, November 17 and Saturday, November 18 as well as Monday, November 20 through Wednesday, November 22, for final paving. During this time, southbound traffic will be rerouted. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
From 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Friday, November 17 and Saturday, November 18; as well as Monday, November 20 through Wednesday, November 22, travelers can expect the following:
- 3rd Ave will be reduced to a single, northbound lane between Lenora and Battery streets
- Southbound 3rd Ave traffic will be rerouted to 5th Ave at Battery St, and return to 3rd Ave at Lenora St. A detour map will be available on the project website
- Local access will be maintained
- Uniformed police officers or flaggers will assist traffic during paving hours
- Vehicles travelling on 3rd Ave may experience delays near the work zone
- Pedestrian access will be maintained
- Construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor
- Temporary changes to King County Metro routes:
- King County Metro will reroute buses to 2nd Ave between Cedar and Blanchard
- Southbound bus stop at 3rd Ave and Cedar St will be temporarily relocated 1 block north, between Cedar and Clay
- Uniformed police officers will assist buses turning onto and off 2nd Ave during this reroute.
- For more information on changes to Metro routes and stops, please visit http://kingcounty.gov/metro/alerts
For more information on this project, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_3rd.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 3rdAvePaving@seattle.gov, (206) 920-7073, or text “3rdAvePaving” to 33222 to receive construction alerts via text.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.