SDOT is advising travelers Vine St will be closed to through traffic between 3rd and 4th avenues starting Monday, September 18 through October for repaving. This weekend, there are additional traffic revisions on 3rd Ave and Cedar St related to the 3rd Ave Belltown Paving Project (see details below).
On Friday, September 15 through 4 a.m. on Monday, September 18, travelers can expect the following:
- Cedar St will be closed between 2nd and 3rd avenues to vehicle through traffic while crews repave the west side of the 3rd Ave and Cedar St intersection.
- Local vehicle traffic can access the area but cannot cross 3rd Ave.
- King County Metro will reroute buses during this work. The southbound bus stop on 3rd Ave near Cedar St will be temporarily relocated to 2nd Ave between Cedar and Vine streets. For information on changes to Metro routes, please visit http://kingcounty.gov/metro/alerts.
From 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 16, travelers can expect the following:
- Northbound 3rd Ave will be reduced to a single lane between Vine and Clay streets to provide crews sufficient space to repave the west side of the 3rd Ave and Cedar St intersection.
- Southbound 3rd Ave will be rerouted to 2nd Ave at Broad St and return to 3rd Ave at Battery St. A detour map will be available on the project website.
- King County Metro will reroute buses during this work, as described above.
For all work:
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Uniformed police officers or flaggers will be present to assist traffic flow when crews are working.
- Vehicles travelling on 3rd Ave may experience delays near the work zone.
- Emergency vehicles can access the work zone, but will not be able to cross Cedar St at 3rd Ave.
- The work is expected to create construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor.
- This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more information on this project, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_3rd.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 3rdAvePaving@seattle.gov, (206) 920-7073, or text “3rdAvePaving” to 33222 to receive construction alerts via text. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.