SDOT advises travelers that beginning Monday, October 23 through mid-November, Bell St will be closed to vehicle traffic between 2nd and 3rd avenues. This closure will allow crews to install a protected bike lane for the 2nd Ave Mobility Improvements Project as well as pave for the 3rd Avenue Belltown Paving Project. These two projects are coordinating construction timelines to help minimize impacts to neighbors.
From 7 a.m. on Monday, October 23 thru mid-November, travelers can expect the following:
- Bell St will be closed to vehicle traffic between 2nd and 3rd avenues.
- Local traffic can access the area. A construction map is available on the project website.
- One lane of traffic in each direction on 3rd Ave will remain open between Battery and Blanchard streets.
- Pedestrian access and use of Bell St Park and Regrade Park will be maintained.
- Police officers or flaggers will assist with traffic when crews are working.
- Emergency vehicles can access the work zone.
- Work for both projects is expected to create construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor.
- The work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more information on these projects, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_3rd.htm
If you have questions or concerns about the 3rd Ave Paving Project, please contact 3rdAvePaving@seattle.gov, (206) 920-7073, or text “3rdAvePaving” to 33222 to receive construction alerts via text. If you have questions or concerns about the 2nd Ave Mobility Improvements Project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-905-3639. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.