The Seattle Department of Transportation advises travelers of construction activity occurring as part of the Delridge-Highland Park Greenway project at 21st Avenue Southwest and near 15th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Holden Street.
Traffic restrictions in place at 15th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Holden Street
As of Thursday, Jan. 14, the south side of the intersection at 15th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Holden Street is closed to all traffic as crews working for the Seattle Department of Transportation construct pedestrian safety improvements, including a new crosswalk, pedestrian crossing signal, and new and upgraded curb ramps. Local access will be maintained to 15th Avenue Southwest from the south via Southwest Kenyon Street.
This closure is in addition to the closure of the north side of the intersection of 15th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Holden Street. These traffic restrictions will continue for two to three weeks, weather permitting.
Travelers can expect the following construction impacts at 15th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Holden Street:
- Temporary closure of the north and south sides of the 15th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Holden Street intersection. Local access will be maintained at all times.
- Construction activity from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Short-term parking and lane restrictions Southwest Holden Street; two-way traffic will be maintained.
- Pedestrian and bicycle detours around the work areas; please follow posted signage.
Lane restrictions at 21st Avenue Southwest near 22nd Avenue Southwest
Beginning Friday, Jan. 15, crews working for SDOT will begin preparing for sidewalk installation on the west side of 21st Avenue Southwest between 22nd Avenue Southwest and Southwest Dawson Street. To complete this work, 21st Avenue Southwest will need to be reduced to one lane. A flagger will be present on both ends of the work zone to maintain two-way traffic. These restrictions will be in effect intermittently between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. on weekdays for two to three weeks. Pedestrian routes will be maintained at all times. Please follow posted signage.
Additionally, crews will prepare for drainage improvements on 21st Avenue Southwest, just south of where 22nd Avenue Southwest merges with 21st Avenue Southwest. The work will include installing a storm drain on the east side of 21st Avenue Southwest and repairing a storm drain on the west side of the street.
Travelers can expect the following construction impacts during work on 21st Avenue Southwest:
- Short-term, weekday lane restrictions on 21st Avenue Southwest between 22nd Avenue Southwest and Southwest Dawson Street. A traffic flagger will maintain two-way traffic.
- Construction activity from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Pedestrian and bicycle detours around the work areas. Please follow posted signage.
This work is a component of the Delridge-Highland Park Neighborhood Greenway which will connect White Center to the West Seattle Bridge Trail. This neighborhood greenway is one route in a citywide network of neighborhood greenways which are residential streets made safer and more comfortable for people of all ages and abilities to walk and ride bikes.
For more information, please visit the Delridge-Highland Park Neighborhood Greenway project web page at www.seattle.gov/transportation/delridgehighparkgreenway.htm or contact the project team at 206.684.4747 or DelridgeGreenway@seattle.gov.