SDOT is advising travelers of several traffic revisions related to the 6th Ave Paving Project. This paving project was originally scheduled to begin last weekend, but was postponed due to inclement weather. This advisory includes the most updated work schedule. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change. SDOT would like to the public for its patience while this work is being completed.
Beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, March 3, travelers can expect:
• 6th Ave to be closed daily between Madison and Marion streets through Friday, March 9
• Work hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends
• Work hours from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays
From 9 p.m. Monday, March 5 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, March 6, travelers can expect the following:
• 6th Ave to be closed between Madison St and Marion St
• The right lane of the southbound I-5 offramp to James St to be closed
What to expect during closures:
• Vehicles travelling on 6th Ave may experience delays near the work zone.
• The bus stop at the SE corner of 6th Ave and Madison St will be temporarily relocated to Madison St east of 6th Ave from 4 a.m. Saturday, March 3 through 4 a.m. Monday, March 12. For complete information on changes to King County Metro routes and stops, please visit the King County Metro website.
• No local access during work hours.
• Access to businesses, hotels, and residences on 6th Ave will be maintained.
• The work is expected to create construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor.
For more information on this project, please visit: https://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_6th.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 6thAvePaving@seattle.gov, or (206) 727-3669.