SDOT advises travelers that starting Monday, August 28 for two weeks, Vine St will be closed to traffic between 2nd and 3rd avenues while crews repave the west side of the 3rd Ave intersection, as part of the 3rd Ave Belltown Paving Project.
Beginning Monday, August 28 through mid-September, travelers can expect the following changes on Vine St:
- Vine St will be closed to traffic between 2nd and 3rd avenues.
- Traffic will be able to access the area but cannot cross 3rd Ave. A construction map will be available on the project website.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Police officers or flaggers will be present to assist traffic flow when crews are working.
- Emergency vehicles can access the work zone, but will not be able to cross Vine St at 3rd Ave.
- The work is expected to create construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor.
- This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more information on this project, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_3rd.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 3rdAvePaving@seattle.gov, (206) 920-7073, or text “3rdAvePaving” to 33222 to receive construction alerts via text.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.