SDOT is advising travelers that southbound Lake City Way NE will be detoured for one block at NE 125th St, west to 30th Ave NE, then south on 30 Ave NE back on to Lake City Way NE from 7 p.m. Friday, May 4 until 6 a.m. Monday, May 7. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is being completed.
What to expect:
- Southbound lanes of Lake City Way will be closed at NE 125th St for one block
- Southbound Lake City Way NE traffic will be detoured west on NE 125th St, then south on 30 Ave NE back on to Lake City Way NE
- Pedestrians and drivers will be detoured around construction zone
- Uniformed police officers will direct traffic through the detour
- Closure and detour is from 7 p.m. Friday, May 4 until 6 a.m. Monday, May 7
The lane closures will allow crews working for SDOT to replace concrete panels. This project will lengthen the southbound bus stop at this location to permit two coaches to serve the stop at the same time. The existing bus stop is 65 feet long which is only long enough to serve one coach at a time.
SDOT will extend this southbound bus stop from 65 feet to 125 feet, which will allow two 60-foot coaches to service this stop at the same time.
The project will install new lit cantilever bus shelters. The lengthened bus stop will require the permanent loss of three on-street parking spaces. Construction is expected to take up to four weeks to complete. Work is expected to be limited to weekdays, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. During weekday construction, southbound Lake City Way NE traffic will be limited to one traffic lane between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. However, during the morning and afternoon commutes, both southbound lanes of Lake City Way NE will remain open.
Northbound traffic and parking on the east side of Lake City Way NE will not be impacted. On-street parking on the west side of the block will reduced during construction to accommodate equipment and supplies.