Multiple Lane Restrictions on Tuesday, April 24 for the 3rd Ave Belltown Paving Project
SEATTLE – We’re advising travelers that 3rd Ave will be temporarily reduced to a single lane in each direction between Wall and Battery streets on Tuesday, April 24 for lane striping. During this time, Blanchard St between 2nd and 4th avenues may also be reduced to a single eastbound lane for striping.
Between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday, April 24, travelers can expect the following:
- 3rd Ave will be temporarily reduced to a single lane in each direction between Wall and Battery streets
- Blanchard St may also be reduced to a single eastbound lane between 2nd and 4th avenues
- Vehicles traveling on 3rd Ave and Blanchard St may experience delays near the work zones
- Uniformed police officers or flaggers will be present to assist traffic flow when crews are working
- Pedestrian access will be maintained, though certain crosswalks may be temporarily inaccessible. Posted detour signs will be onsite to assist those walking.
- Emergency vehicles can access the work zones
- This work is weather-dependent and subject to change
For more information on this project, visit the 3rd Avenue Paving Project website.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 3rdAvePaving@seattle.gov, (206) 920-7073, or text “3rdAvePaving” to 33222 to receive construction alerts via text. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.