SDOT is advising travelers that S Orcas St will be closed between 46th Ave S and 51st Ave S, beginning Wednesday, March 21 through Friday, March 21 for paving work, work hours are from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Beginning 7 a.m. on Wednesday, March 21 through Friday, March 21, travelers can expect the following:
- Parking will be restricted.
- 72 hours before the work starts and parking restrictions begin, “NO PARKING” signs will be placed on the street.
- S Orcas St from 46th Ave S to 4811 S Orcas St:
- On Wednesday, March 21st, these blocks will be closed except for local access. You may have to wait up to 15 minutes for equipment to clear.
- On Thursday, March 22nd and Friday 23rd, these blocks will be closed. There will be no access to the street or to driveways.
- S Orcas St from 4811 S Orcas St to 51st Ave S:
- These blocks will be closed with local access only for the duration of the project.
- You may have to wait up to 15 minutes for equipment to clear.
- There will be marked detour signs around the work zone and uniformed police officers to direct traffic.
- Please plan for the closures and parking restrictions and use alternate routes.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.