SDOT is advising travelers that 7th Ave will be closed to through traffic between Pike and Pine streets beginning Wednesday, March 14 to Saturday, March 17.
From 7 a.m. Wednesday, March 14 to 3 p.m. Saturday, March 17, travelers can expect:
- 7th Ave will be closed to through traffic between Pike St and Pine St
- Local access to and from garages located on this block to remain open
- All northbound traffic from Pike St will be detoured to 6th Ave
- Work hours from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What to expect during closure:
- A uniformed police officer and flaggers will be on-site to direct travelers around the construction zone during work hours.
- Access to businesses and hotels on 7th Ave will be maintained throughout construction.
- This work is expected to create construction-related noise, dust, vibration and concrete odor.
These revisions will allow SDOT crews to excavate, install trench box and storm pipe, and pour concrete at the area just north of the 7th Ave and Pike St intersection. This work is weather-dependent and may be rescheduled. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is being completed.
For more information on this project, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/projects-and-programs/programs/bike-program/protected-bike-lanes/7th-ave-mobility-improvements.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 7thAve@seattle.gov, or (206) 615-0786.