SDOT is advising travelers of several traffic revisions related to the 6th Ave Paving Project. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
Beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, February 24, travelers can expect:
- 6th Ave to be closed daily between Madison and Marion streets through Friday, March 1
- Work hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends
- Work hours from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays
From 9 p.m. Tuesday, February 27 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, February 28, travelers can expect the following:
- 6th Ave to be closed between Madison St and Marion St
- The right lane of the southbound I-5 offramp to James St to be closed
What to expect during closures:
- Vehicles travelling on 6th Ave may experience delays near the work zone.
- The bus stop at the SE corner of 6th Ave and Madison St will be temporarily relocated to Madison St east of 6th Ave from 4 a.m. Saturday, February 24 through 4 a.m. Monday, March 5. For complete information on changes to King County Metro routes and stops, please visit the King County Metro website.
- No local access during work hours.
- Access to businesses, hotels, and residences on 6th Ave will be maintained.
- The work is expected to create construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor.
For more information on this project, please visit: https://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_6th.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 6thAvePaving@seattle.gov, or (206) 727-3669. SDOT appreciates the public’s patience while this work is being completed.