SDOT advises travelers that work is being done at six intersections in West Seattle to install new traffic control components so that they are compatible with the latest traffic control operating system. The new equipment will allow improved system operations and updated pedestrian crossing times. This work is a part of collaboration with community feedback over pedestrian crossing times along SW Admiral Way and California Way SW. Work is scheduled for Tuesday, February 6.
What to expect:
- Revised signal operation timings and updated pedestrian crossing cycle length during a.m. peak, p.m. peak, and off-peak hours.
- The locations are as follows:
- 41st Ave SW and SW Admiral Way
- 42nd Ave SW and SW Admiral Way
- California Ave SW and SW Admiral Way
- California Ave SW and SW Lander St
- California Ave SW and SW Stevens St
- California Ave SW and SW Hanford St
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.