SDOT advises travelers that contractors will close the intersection of Fauntleroy Way SW and SW Wildwood Place, just south of the Fauntleroy Ferry Terminal, beginning Monday morning, February 5, through Monday, February 19. During construction, motorists and Transit will be rerouted.
Crews will replace concrete road panels at the intersection, and install a curb ramp on the northeast corner.
Between 7 a.m. on Monday, February 5 and 5 p.m. on Monday, February 19, travelers can expect:
- The intersection of Fauntleroy Way SW and SW Wildwood Place to be closed in all directions.
- Signed detours will be in place:
- Motorists exiting the ferry terminal who would normally head south, will instead be directed northbound on Fauntleroy Way to SW Morgan St, at which point they can turn right, and then right again onto 35th Ave SW to head back south.
- Construction will occur Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Saturday construction may be required to finish within the scheduled timeframe.
- King County Metro’s Rapid Ride C Line will be detoured.
KC Metro Detour and Transit Impacts:
Bus stops near the work area will be temporarily closed during construction. Please look for posted Metro Rider Alerts or visit this Alert link.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.