The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) advises travelers of upcoming construction and traffic impacts on 7th Ave between Pine St and Olive Way from Friday, January 26 to Saturday, January 27. Crews will be completing a storm drain connection south of the Olive Way intersection as part of the 7th Ave Mobility Improvements Project.
During peak travel periods on Friday, January 26 (before 9 a.m. and from 3 to 6 p.m.), travelers can expect:
Crews will maintain 1 lane of traffic in each direction on 7th Ave
- Between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. each day:
- Northbound 7th Ave traffic will be detoured at Pine St: northbound drivers will turn left on Pine St, right on 6th Ave, and right on Olive Way to return to 7th Ave
- Crews will maintain 1 lane of southbound traffic on 7th Ave
- Throughout the work this weekend, drivers should expect:
- Potential traffic delays and pedestrian detours
- Temporary restrictions at loading and parking zones
- Crews will maintain local access to all destinations on 7th Ave
- Temporary lane restrictions on Pine St and Stewart St near the intersection with 7th Ave
Other project improvements include a protected bike lane on the west side of 7th Ave from Westlake Ave to Union St and updated traffic signals and circulation. This project will contribute to a safer, smoother experience for people walking, biking, and driving along 7th Ave.
Please visit the project webpage at http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/7thAvePBL.htm for more information and to sign up for construction email updates. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.