SDOT advises travelers that 10th Ave S will be closed at the S King St intersection beginning as soon as Monday, December 18, 2017 through January 5, 2018, as crews build new sidewalk corners, curb ramps, and repair the street. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
From 7 a.m. on Monday, December 18, 2017 through Friday, January 5, 2018, travelers can expect:
- 10th Ave S will be closed in both directions just south of S King St
- Local access will be maintained for businesses between S Weller St and S King St
- 10th Ave S is also closed in the northbound direction just north of S King St
- Southbound 10th Ave S will remain open to traffic from S Jackson St to S King St
- Drivers heading north on 10th Ave S should use S King St to 8th Ave S or 12th Ave S
- Northbound local access from north of the intersection to S Jackson St will be permitted for deliveries and access to businesses
- S King St will remain open to eastbound and westbound traffic
- Bicyclists should merge with traffic or dismount and use sidewalks
- Pedestrians should follow signed detours through the intersection
Please see the map below. For more information, you can also email PedestrianImprovements3@seattle.gov or call 206-727-3580.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.