SDOT advises travelers of lane closures on Corson Ave S between S Michigan St and Airport Way S, starting the night of December 8. Crews will be building curb ramps on the pedestrian island at S Michigan St and Corson Ave S for the Georgetown Arterial Paving Project. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
From 4 p.m. on Friday, December 8 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, December 10, travelers can expect:
Northbound lanes on Corson Ave S between S Michigan St and Airport Way S will be closed.
- Detours will be posted:
- Travelers on eastbound S Michigan St who want to go northbound on Corson Ave S will be rerouted to S Bailey St, 13th Ave S, Airport Way S, then back to Corson Ave S
- Travelers on westbound on S Bailey St who want to go northbound on Corson Ave S will be rerouted to S Michigan St, 6th Ave S, S Lucile St, Airport Way S and back to Corson Ave S
- Southbound vehicle traffic on Corson Ave S will be maintained, though lane restrictions will be in place
- The southbound lanes of Corson Ave S from the I-5 off-ramp will shift to the east
- Both left and right turns will be permitted
- Flaggers and uniformed police officers will assist with traffic around the work zone
- Sidewalks will remain accessible, with occasional detours for people walking
- Emergency vehicles will have access through the work zone
- The work is expected to create construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and asphalt odor
For more information on this project and to sign up for email updates, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_Georgetown.htm
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at GeorgetownPaving@seattle.gov or leave a voicemail at 206-727-3669. We appreciate your patience during this work.