SDOT advises travelers of lane closures on S Michigan St for the Georgetown Arterial Paving Project on the night of Monday, November 6. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
From 7 p.m. on Monday, November 6 to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, November 7, travelers can expect:
- The westbound lanes on S Michigan St between Corson Ave S and 4th Ave S will be closed, but one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction in the eastbound lanes.
- Those traveling westbound on S Michigan St wishing to access 6th Ave S or 5th Ave S north of S Michigan St will be rerouted via 4th Ave S to S Front St and back to 6th Ave S or 5th Ave S
- Police officers or flaggers will assist with traffic
- Signed detours will be posted
- Sidewalks will remain accessible, with occasional detours for people walking
- Emergency vehicles can access the work zone
- The work is expected to create construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and asphalt odor
- If rain postpones this work, it will be rescheduled to the night of Tuesday, November 7 or Wednesday, November 8
For more information on this project and to sign up for email updates, please visit:
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at GeorgetownPaving@seattle.gov or leave a voicemail at 206-727-3669. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.