The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) advises travelers that crews will be locating utilities along 1st Ave S between S Jackson St and Yesler Way to prepare for upcoming utility work. This will require detours in small sections along northbound 1st Ave S and westbound S Jackson St.
During weekdays from 7 am to 5 pm, beginning as soon as October 23 and continuing until approximately mid-November, travelers can expect:
- The following sections of roadway will be closed one area at a time and detours will be in place:
- Area 1: Westbound S Jackson St between 1st Ave S and Occidental Ave S
- Area 2: Northbound 1st Ave S between S Jackson St and S Main St
- Area 3: Northbound 1st Ave S between S Main St and S Washington St
- Area 4: Northbound 1st Ave S between S Washington St and Yesler Way
- Traffic will be detoured during work hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Uniformed police officers will direct traffic at signalized intersections
- Parking restrictions will be in place in portions of 1st Ave S between S Jackson St and Yesler Way and on some intersecting streets
- Sidewalks will remain open
This is part of utility construction work in advance of the Center City Connector Streetcar project. Please visit the project web page for more information: www.seattlestreetcar.org/centercity.htm.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.