SDOT advises travelers of upcoming construction for a Safe Routes to School Project at John Rogers Elementary that will have traffic impacts on NE 110th Street beginning as soon as June 27, 2017. This work is scheduled to last through early September 2017 while crews build new sidewalks, curb ramps, and roadway shoulder improvements as part of the project.
From Tuesday, June 27 through early September 2017, travelers can expect:
- NE 110th St to be reduced to one lane at a time between 39th Ave NE and 40th Ave NE
- Temporary closure of NE 110th between 38th Ave NE and Alton Ave NE for up to two weeks in early July
- Local access will be maintained for residents of NE 110th St during the closure, but through-traffic will be detoured
- A detour route for drivers using NE 115th St will be posted
- Pedestrians will be detoured around the work area; bicyclists should follow signed pedestrian detours or merge with traffic
- Work hours will be between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
SDOT appreciates the public’s patience while this work is completed.
For more information, or to sign up for email updates about the project, please visit the John Rogers Elementary Safe Routes to School page. For questions or concerns, you can email PedestrianImprovements3@seattle.gov or call 206-727-3580.