SDOT advises travelers that crews will be conducting work to locate underground utilities at various locations along the waterfront on Alaskan Way between S King St and Virginia St from May 30 through June 30. This work supports designs for the Waterfront Seattle Program.
From 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, from May 30 through June 30, travelers can expect the following:
- Intermittent lane restrictions on Alaskan Way between S King St and Virginia St.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times; flaggers will be on-site for lane shifts, as needed.
- Traffic may be delayed during operation hours.
- Pedestrians will be directed around work zones.
- This work involves construction equipment, so increased noise is expected.
- Local access will be maintained at all times.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
Weekly updates on this work, including more detailed information regarding work locations and impacts, will be posted online at: waterfrontseattle.org/fieldwork. For more information on the Waterfront Seattle Program, please visit: waterfrontseattle.org.