SDOT advises travelers that Pike St will be closed to traffic between 1st and 3rd avenues on Saturday, May 20. Work may extend to Sunday, May 21, if necessary. These closures are needed to conduct utility work associated with the 2nd Ave Mobility Improvements project.
From 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, May 20, (possibly Sunday, May 21) travelers can expect:
- Pike St will be closed to thru traffic between 1st and 3rd avenues
- All lanes on 2nd Ave will remain open
- The sidewalk and alley entrance/exit on the north side of Pike St between 2nd and 3rd avenues will be restricted
- Other sidewalks on Pike St and 2nd Ave will remain open
- Large construction vehicles, lights, noise from construction
- Bicycle, vehicle, and bus detours around the road closure will be in place
This is continued work for the 2nd Ave Mobility Improvements project that will add and upgrade traffic signals and extend the 2nd Ave protected bike lane from Pike St to Denny Way. Please visit the project web page for more information: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/2ndave.htm.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.