SDOT advises travelers that crews will be painting a red, bus-only lane on Spring Street between 3rd and 6th avenues starting the evening of Friday, May 19. Crews will also extend the bike lane on the north side of Spring St from 1st Ave to 6th Ave. If needed, crews will return the weekend of May 27-28 to complete the work. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
After 8 p.m. on Friday, May 19, to before 5 a.m. on Monday, May 22, travelers can expect the following:
- Intermittent lane closures on Spring St between 1st and 6th avenues
- One travel lane on Spring St will be maintained throughout the painting process
- Parking on Spring St will be restricted during the work
- Access will be maintained to driveways, alleys, and I-5
- The work is expected to create some noise and dust
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
For more information on this project, please visit http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/MadisonBRT.htm.