UPDATE: THE START OF THIS WORK HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER. SCHEDULED WORK WILL NOW START ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 17.
SDOT advises travelers that 3rd Ave between Virginia St and Lenora St will be closed to northbound vehicle traffic daily from Tuesday, May 16 through Friday, May 19, for repaving. This work is weather dependent and subject to change.
From 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily, Tuesday, May 16 through Friday, May 19, travelers can expect the following:
- 3rd Ave will be closed to northbound vehicle traffic between Virginia St and Lenora.
- A single southbound lane on 3rd Ave will remain open to traffic during this work.
- Northbound King County Metro buses and other traffic will be rerouted to 4th Ave. A detour will be posted.
- There will be no parking on Lenora St between 3rd Ave and the alley to the east (toward 4th Ave). That is in addition to current no parking areas in the work zone.
- Emergency vehicles can access the work zone on 3rd Ave via Virginia and Lenora streets.
- The work is expected to create noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor.
- King County Metro bus stops at 3rd Ave and Virginia St will remain closed through late July due to repaving work. For information on changes to Metro routes, please visit http://kingcounty.gov/metro/alerts.
For more information on this project, please visit http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_Third.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at ThirdAvePaving@seattle.gov or (206) 920-7073.