SDOT advises travelers that crews will be replacing sidewalk and pedestrian ramps at the intersection of Westlake Ave and Denny Way this weekend, May 13-14.
From Saturday morning, May 13, to Sunday evening, May 14, travelers can expect:
- The right lane of westbound Denny Way will be closed between Terry Ave N and 9th Ave N
- The sidewalk on the north side of Denny Way will be closed between Terry Ave N and 9 Ave N
- All lanes of Westlake Ave will remain open
- The Streetcar will operate normally
- The King County Metro Route 8 transit stop on westbound Denny Way will be relocated approximately 130 feet west, closer to 9th Ave N, due to this work.
This work is part of the South Lake Union Transit Improvements project which included dedicated transit lanes, transit stop upgrades and wider sidewalks.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.