SDOT advises that travelers on S Orcas St between Beacon Ave S and Martin Luther King Jr Way S may experience travel impacts beginning on Wednesday, April 19, 2017. These impacts are expected to continue through early August 2017 as crews work to build new sidewalks on the north side of S Orcas St from 25th Ave S through 32nd Ave S, as part of the Dearborn Park Elementary Safe Routes to School project.
Starting on Wednesday, April 19, through early August, travelers can expect:
- Traffic may be reduced to one-lane during construction hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Flaggers will help maintain 2-way traffic
- Temporary restrictions including reduced lane width of 11’ in the construction zone
- S Orcas St will be open to 2-way traffic from 7:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. for bus access and student drop off while Dearborn Park Elementary school is in session
- Temporary parking and bike lane restrictions with 72-hour notice
- Construction on weekdays between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This work will build new sidewalks, curb ramps, and planting strips, making it safer and easier for kids and families to walk and bike safely to school. Please visit the Dearborn Park Elementary Safe Routes to School project website at http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/saferoutesdearbornpark.htm for more information and to sign up for project email updates.
We appreciate your patience during construction. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions in the meantime by emailing PedestrianImprovements3@seattle.gov or by calling (206) 727-3580.