SDOT advises travelers that crews will reopen two-way traffic on 23rd Ave from E Union St to E John St today, Tuesday, February 28. This milestone marks the end of a northbound detour that has been in effect while crews constructed important safety and mobility improvements.
By 4 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28, travelers can expect the following:
- Northbound travel will return to 23rd Ave from E Union St to E John St
- 23rd Ave will be open to two-way traffic (northbound and southbound)
- King County Metro is expected to resume northbound Route 48 service on 23rd Ave at the next service change on March 11; southbound Route 48 will continue service on 23rd Ave
- For information about bus service and Rider Alerts, visit Metro Online at http://metro.kingcounty.gov/alerts/ or call 206-553-3000
- Expect temporary lane shifts and intermittent construction activities on 23rd Ave between S Jackson St and E John St through spring as crews complete minor close-out activities; northbound and southbound travel on 23rd Ave will be maintained
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience during construction for the 23rd Avenue Corridor Improvements Project.