SDOT advises travelers that during the first 2-3 weeks of January, crews are conducting utility locating work along spot locations on 1st Ave, Stewart St, and Westlake Ave N. Work involves digging small holes in the street to confirm locations of utility lines.
During the first 2-3 weeks of January, travelers can expect minor impacts, including:
- Crews working in the following locations for a few hours at a time:
- 1st Ave will have spot locations between Union and Stewart streets
- Stewart St will have spot locations on 2nd, 4th and 5th avenues
- Westlake Ave N and Republican St intersection
- There will be small sections of temporary lane restrictions and pedestrian detours
- Short-term/temporary parking restrictions with 72-hour notice
- Weekday work between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Weekend work between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
This is preliminary work for the Center City Connector Streetcar project that will join the existing South Lake Union and First Hill Streetcar lines along 1st Ave. Construction on the project will begin in the second half of 2017. SDOT appreciates the public’s patience while this work is being done.