SDOT advises travelers that crews will be working along the First Hill Streetcar line for maintenance. Lane restrictions will be at the intersections of S Jackson St between Occidental Ave S and 8th Ave S, and at 14th Ave S and Main St. This work is weather dependent.
From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, January 6, travelers can expect the following:
- There will be rolling a closure of the Streetcar lane, which is the left lane:
- On S Jackson St at the intersections of Occidental Ave S, 6th Ave S and 8th Ave S
- At the intersection of 14th Ave S and S Main St
- Crews will move the lane closure every 15 minutes when the First Hill Streetcar arrives.
- Police officers will assist with traffic control at each intersection.
- There will be advanced warning signs in place at all approaches of the work zones.
- This work should not impact Metro buses.
- Work at each intersection is estimated to take approximately 30 minutes, or two passes of the streetcar.
SDOT appreciates the public’s patience while this work is being done.