SDOT advises travelers that crews will conduct utility locating work along 1st Ave between Jackson and Stewart streets beginning Wednesday, November 2. Work will involve digging small holes in the street to confirm location of utility lines such as gas, water, and electrical. Work at each location is anticipated to last a few hours.
Beginning on Wednesday, November 2, travelers can expect the following:
- Temporary lane restrictions and pedestrian detours along 1st Ave between Jackson and Stewart streets
- Short-term/temporary parking restrictions
- Weekday work between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Weekend work between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- No afternoon work on Nov 7; no work Nov 20 and Dec 4
The approximate work schedule, subject to change:
November 2 – November 9
- 1st Ave S between S Jackson St and Cherry St
November 10 – November 17
- 1st Ave between Cherry St and University St
November 18 – November 23
- 1st Ave between Union St and Stewart St
November 28 – December 5
- 1st Ave between Marion St and Spring St
This work is preliminary work for the Center City Connector Streetcar project that will join the existing South Lake Union and First Hill Streetcar lines along 1st Ave. Construction on the project will begin in the second half of 2017.